A 5,000-Seat Stadium for a Community
Project scope consisted of the conceptual design/master planning and design of a new stadium that replaced the existing antiquated reinforced concrete stadium structure, built in 1957. The facility is primarily used by Chatham County high schools. The new structure includes seating capacity for 5,000; end zone building with team changing rooms, public restrooms and concessions; synthetic turf field striped for high school football and soccer; press box; scoreboard; field lighting; and approximately 1,150 parking spaces. As a subconsultant to CHA, Hussey Gay Bell provided civil/site design, structural, surveying and geotechnical services. Additionally, Hussey Gay Bell shared architectural design responsibilities with CHA.
*Hussey Gay Bell received permission from Chatham County and CHA to publish this information.