What We’re Passionate About
At Hussey Gay Bell, marketers are more than just marketers. We are collaboration crusaders inching the niche and technical details of hundreds (if not thousands) of projects out of our engineers and architects and turning those technical key points into beautiful stories reflected in a true and compelling way. At Hussey Gay Bell, we value storytelling in all aspects of our written, visual and digital work. After all, it’s a bit more than just being “an activity, set of institutions, and processes for creating, communicating, delivering, and exchanging offerings that have value for customers, clients, partners, and society at large” isn’t it? It’s a bit more about creating firm awareness through engagement of our firm/our people in the communities in which we all work, live and play in. It’s about building and differentiating our brand not through the traditional lens of advertising but through execution of small and notable projects that impact the everyday life. It’s about our brand being true to itself, yet evolving to serve the needs of its clients and communicating that message internally and externally.
Marketing for our firm is about taking some of the most complex projects in the region and breaking them down into digestible morsels to be consumed in the written word or visually by the general public, society and clients. It’s about communicating the impact a project has on a city, a county, a state and in some cases, an entire region. At Hussey Gay Bell, we work on projects that have literally shaped the region – from the infamous red brick waterfront Rousakis Plaza on River Street in Savannah, the 2,500 acre planned unit development of Savannah Quarters off the I-95 corridor in Pooler and the massive JC Bamford operations on I-95 to the 2,000 acre Palmetto Dunes Resort on Hilton Head Island, the Marketfair Mall redevelopment in Fayetteville and The Boeing Company’s 787 Expansion in North Charleston. Today, the firm continues its work on some of the region’s most exciting projects including the $270 million Savannah Convention Center Expansion, the City of Savannah’s new $165 million arena, Georgia Port Authority’s new HQ campus, Augusta’s $32 million Broad Street Revitalization, SEDA’s 685-acre Savannah Chatham Manufacturing Center, Raydient Place+Properties’ 5,000 acre tract off of I-95 and a host of massive infrastructure projects for the City of Columbia and Charleston Water System.
Hussey Gay Bell is seeking a dynamic and driven Marketing Coordinator for its Savannah office who will be directly responsible for leading proposal and presentation efforts and involved in all marketing aspects for the firm from market research and planning to promotional activities and branding. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, self-motivated and collaborative person with 3+ years of experience, preferably in the Architecture/ Engineering/ Construction industry and a degree in marketing, liberal arts, journalism, communications or related field. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud programs is critical. The Marketing Coordinator will report to the Director of Marketing & Business Development for the firm and work closely with other marketing and technical staff in six regional office locations.
- Responsible for full spectrum of RFQ/P response development from coordination to completion.
- Work closely with Director of Marketing & BD and technical staff to determine strategies on proposals and presentations; be hands-on in planning and development of strategic customized responses to RFQ/Ps and in the interview preparation.
- Develop/maintain various written marketing collateral including project sheets, resumes, award submittals, market sector brochures, and other collateral as required.
- Assist with public relations efforts including advertisements, direct mail campaigns/announcements, internal/external communication pieces, project award submissions and special events. Includes pitching to external publications.
- Assist in creation/deployment of new creative campaigns for industry and client-specific targets through storyboarding.
- Assist with creation and maintenance of digital platforms i.e. website and social media i.e. LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Facebook as required.
- Participate in professional and community organizations to promote firm visibility and recognition.
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, liberal arts, journalism, communications or related field with 3+ years of related experience. Experience within the A/E/C industry, ability to create custom content and a proven track record in managing proposal efforts are major pluses.
- Candidate must be able to write custom content. Strong writing, proofing, editing skills, attention to detail and ability to meet strict deadlines are musts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud programs required. Familiarity with Illustrator or other tech apps a plus.
- Familiarity with industry trade organizations, publications, conferences and events.
- Demonstrate ability to trouble shoot and adjust accordingly, sometimes with limited supervision, to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate ability to work and communicate effectively with proposal team members, principals and external teaming partners in multiple southeast locations.
- Assist with development of internal processes to streamline production efficiencies a plus.
- Ability to balance workload, prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Demonstrated will to win and positive attitude.
This is a full-time, 100% in-office position. Some overtime anticipated with position.
Why Hussey Gay Bell?
Hussey Gay Bell is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Drug-Free Workplace and E-Verify participant with offices in Savannah, Statesboro, and Atlanta, Georgia; Charleston and Columbia, South Carolina; and Nashville, Tennessee. The firm’s emphasis of work is in the government, education, healthcare, industrial, transportation, water and commercial/residential markets. Ranked as an ENR Southeast Top Design Firm, we offer a flexible work schedule including 1/2 day Fridays; competitive health, dental and life insurance; financial and retirement benefits including 401 (k) and competitive compensation; personal PTO time off and sick leave; professional development opportunities and community engagement.
Come see yourself with us today!