Savannah-headquartered design firm, Hussey Gay Bell, is seeking a Civil Designer with 6-7 years of experience to support the firm’s confidential federal contract work in the Augusta area. The work is full-time Monday-Thursday with Fridays off. We will consider relocation to the Augusta area for the right candidate(s). 40 hours per week is guaranteed to the successful candidate.
- 6-7 years of experience as a Civil Designer
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering degree or equivalent from an ABET-accredited program
- Must be a US citizen
- Familiarity AutoCAD Civil 3D and MicroStation
- Experience in site planning, specifically utilities including paving, grading, and drainage
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Proficiency with modeling and design using computer-based modeling applications
- Demonstrated experience with mid-level engineering product review
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and experience communicating with regulatory agencies, clients, contractors, etc.
- Advanced technical writing skills and experience preparing technical design-related engineering documents
- Ability to develop project management and business development skills
Responsibilities will primarily include but are not limited to the following:
- Development of site plans for developments, building and road layout, parking layout, site grading and preparation of detailed construction plans
- Design of stormwater management systems, including calculating storm water run-off, sizing drainage structures and the design of sedimentation and detention ponds
- Calculating earthwork volumes to determine quantities of excavation and fill for construction projects
- Preparation of technical specifications
This opportunity is ideal for individuals who seek to work on a diverse array of projects and who wish to grow their career with a firm dedicated to individual professional growth in an environment centered on team collaboration.
ENR Top Southeast Design Firm Hussey Gay Bell caters to seven core markets – commercial and residential, education, government, healthcare, industrial, transportation and water – by offering a fully integrated range of engineering disciplines including civil, water/wastewater, transportation, natural gas, environmental and structural in addition to architecture, interiors, landscape architecture and surveying. Founded in 1958, Hussey Gay Bell has grown to 125+ employees in six office locations throughout the region including Savannah, Statesboro, and Atlanta, Georgia; Charleston and Columbia, South Carolina; and Nashville, Tennessee.
Hussey Gay Bell is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.