Savannah-headquartered design firm, Hussey Gay Bell, is seeking a Structural Engineering Department Head to lead our Savannah, Georgia structural engineering department with opportunity to oversee projects throughout our three-state, six office region.
From buildings and marine structures to pipelines and tunnels, our in-house structural engineering team is critical to the success of our ability to deliver turnkey vertical and horizontal projects. Our team engineers solutions that exude stability, strength and appropriateness – components central to the very integrity of structures. Our diverse experience with construction materials provides clients with a mixture of expertise including concrete, steel, wood, masonry, alloys and composites. In addition to traditional structural engineering services, our vigilant engineers are embracing opportunities to design resiliently from seismic/wind load considerations to security hardening on a range of commercial, education, government – both federal and local, healthcare, industrial, transportation and water resources projects. This opportunity is ideal for Structural Engineers who seek to work on a diverse array of projects and who wish to grow their career with a firm dedicated to individual professional growth in an environment centered on team collaboration.
Successful candidates must have a strong understanding of applied engineering calculations, excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language, and the ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds. Candidate shall have experience managing teams of structural engineers and designers responsible for designing single- and multi-story structural steel, cast-in-place concrete, masonry, and timber buildings.
- 10+ years of experience as a Structural Engineer in a consulting environment
- Bachelor of Science Engineering degree from an ABET-accredited program
- Status of Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Georgia
- Proficient in Revit AutoCAD RAM Structural System and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in Risa 2D, Risa 3D, SAP 2000
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- S.E. preferred but not required
- 10+ years of experience in the structural analysis and design of marine structural projects preferred but not required
- Experience in ETABS, is preferred but not required
Responsibilities will primarily include but are not limited to the following:
- Performing structural analysis and engaging in the design of marine and/or transportation structures for both new construction and rehabilitation
- Preparing technical/design reports and calculations packages
- Preparing construction drawings and specifications
- Attending design meetings and site inspections with our clients, subconsultants, and partners on an as- needed basis
- Interacting and collaborating with our in-house drafters and other engineers
- Designing various structures and producing contract documents for various building types, retaining walls, foundations, and wastewater treatment plants