Hussey Gay Bell is currently seeking an enthusiastic Land Development Civil Engineer with a minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated experience in residential land development and permitting. General duties include design, construction document production and full permitting of land development projects of various size and complexity. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, independent design, construction document production in AutoCAD Civil 3D and MS Office suite, calculations and permitting for roads, parking lots, stormwater management, erosion control and site utilities on land development projects ranging from small commercial out-parcels, industrial projects and primarily single and multi-family residential. The ability to provide land development design, including detailed grading, in an independent setting as well as a team environment depending on project complexity is crucial. Depending on level of project complexity candidate is expected to execute and manage projects from concept through final permitting. Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with multi-office design team, clients and government agencies both verbally and in writing are essential. Candidate must project a professional, positive attitude and have 3+ years of demonstrated progressive experience specifically in land development. A demonstrated proficiency with AutoCAD 2012 Civil 3D or later and stormwater modeling software is preferred. BS in Civil Engineering or closely related field preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Hussey Gay Bell, is seeking a Civil Designer with 6 years minimum of experience to support the firm’s utility work in the Nashville office. The work is full-time Monday-Thursday with Fridays off. We will consider relocation to the Nashville area for the right candidate(s). 40 hours per week is guaranteed to the successful candidate.
- 6 years minimum of experience in utility work
- Familiarity with AutoCAD Civil 3D and MicroStation
- Experience in water and sewer predominately. Plant and line work desired qualifications
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Proficiency with directing modeling and design using computer-based modeling applications
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and experience communicating with regulatory agencies, clients, contractors, etc.
- Technical writing skills and experience preparing technical design-related engineering documents.
- Ability to develop project management and business development skills
Responsibilities will primarily include but are not limited to the following:
- Complete development of plans and specifications and construction management for utility projects