Hussey Gay Bell is currently accepting applications for the position of Survey Crew Member. The successful candidate will work with a team of professionals to complete a wide variety of survey projects. Projects may include boundary surveys, topographic surveys, wetland surveys, route surveys, construction layout and other types of surveys as clients require. This position will be filled by a results-oriented individual that is self-motivated and willing to learn new skills. Previous surveying experience is not required.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to work outside in varying types of weather conditions and environments.
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to pass drug screening.
- Clean driving record required.
Interested applicants should send resume in PDF format to [email protected] referencing the position of interest.
Savannah-headquartered design firm, Hussey Gay Bell, is seeking a Civil Engineer with 6-7 years of experience to support the firm’s confidential federal contract work in the Augusta area. The work is full-time Monday-Thursday with Fridays off. We will consider relocation to the Augusta area for the right candidate(s). 40 hours per week is guaranteed to the successful candidate.
- 6-7 years of experience as a Civil Engineer
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering degree from an ABET-accredited program
- Must be a US citizen
- Familiarity with AutoCAD Civil 3D and MicroStation
- Experience in site planning, specifically utilities including paving, grading, and drainage
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- PE preferred but not required
- Proficiency with modeling and design using computer-based modeling applications
- Demonstrated experience with mid-level engineering product review
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and experience communicating with regulatory agencies, clients, contractors, etc.
- Advanced technical writing skills and experience preparing technical design-related engineering documents
- Ability to develop project management and business development skills
Responsibilities will primarily include but are not limited to the following:
- Development of site plans for developments, building and road layout, parking layout, site grading and preparation of detailed construction plans
- Design of stormwater management systems, including calculating storm water run-off, sizing drainage structures and the design of sedimentation and detention ponds
- Calculating earthwork volumes to determine quantities of excavation and fill for construction projects
- Preparation of technical specifications
This opportunity is ideal for individuals who seek to work on a diverse array of projects and who wish to grow their career with a firm dedicated to individual professional growth in an environment centered on team collaboration.