Hussey Gay Bell is accepting applications for a Senior Civil Engineer to manage its Charleston, SC site development group. Candidate must have 8 years or more of site development design and construction administration experience and minimum 4 years of managing other engineers and technical support staff. A strong technical background with comparable leadership, communications and business development skills is a fundamental requirement. Candidate will be responsible for overseeing the design and development of construction documents for residential, educational, institutional, commercial and industrial projects; client development and interaction; and preparation of engineering service proposals. Potential high-level leadership position within the company is attainable dependent upon performance.
Other Required Qualifications:
- BS in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited institution
- Licensed Professional Engineer in SC or ability to obtain
- AutoCAD 2013 Civil 3D (or newer) and stormwater modeling experience (ICPR or XP-SWMM preferred)
- Effective planning, scheduling and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
Hussey Gay Bell has an immediate opening in our Charleston Office for a Water/Wastewater Design Engineer with a minimum of 3 years of related experience. Candidate should have previous design experience with water distribution systems, wastewater collection, pump stations and force mains. Experience with planning, permitting, design and construction of municipal water and wastewater pipelines is a plus. Candidate should be able to create design drawings in AutoCAD 2018-2022 Civil 3D. Experience with hydraulic modeling software such as WaterCAD a plus.
Candidate shall, at a minimum, possess:
- BS in Civil Engineering from an ABET-accredited institution.
- Effective planning, scheduling and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Positive attitude and desire to learn.
Qualified candidates should send a resume in PDF format to [email protected] with the subject line “Water/Wastewater Design Engineer CHS”.
Hussey Gay Bell is currently seeking a Civil Engineering Technician for the Water & Wastewater and Land Development Groups in the Charleston office. The main responsibility of the CAD Technician is to create design documents suitable for construction using AutoCAD Civil 3D software under the direction of a Project Engineer or Project Manager for various water/wastewater systems and land development projects. Candidate will assist engineers with details of design, and design responsibility will be given dependent on level of knowledge. Good communication and interpersonal skills to interact with multi-office design teams both verbally and in writing are essential. Candidate must have a positive team attitude and commitment to our work for our clients.
A demonstrated proficiency with AutoCAD 2018-2022 Civil 3D is mandatory. Knowledge of ArcView and ArcMap a plus. Associate Degree in Civil Engineering Technology with Civil Drafting Certificate or closely related field preferred. One to three years of related experience a plus.
Qualified candidates should send a resume in PDF format to [email protected] with the subject line “Civil Engineering Tech CHS”.
Hussey Gay Bell is seeking a Civil Site Designer with 2 – 5 years of experience to support the firm’s utility work in the Mt. Pleasant office. The work is full-time Monday-Thursday with half day Fridays. We will consider relocation to the Mt. Pleasant area for the right candidate(s). 40 hours per week is guaranteed to the successful candidate.
- 2 -5 years minimum of experience in utility work.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD Civil 3D and MicroStation
- Experience in water and sewer predominately. Plant and line work desired qualifications.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Proficiency with directing modeling and design using computer-based modeling applications
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and experience communicating with regulatory agencies, clients, contractors, etc.
- Technical writing skills and experience preparing technical design-related engineering documents.
- Ability to develop project management and business development skills
Responsibilities will primarily include but are not limited to the following:
Complete development of plans and specifications and construction management for utility projects.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $48,370.00 – $110,864.00 per year